19 April 2011

"The trouble with giving yourself a pep talk is, that deep down you know it's all bullshit" - Sophie Kinsella

I was supposed to meet with Lina and the rest of my blockmates yesterday but because of all the jogging and all, I couldn't get up in the afternoon. I was feeling very bushed so despite my wanting to be with my college friends, I gave in to total bed rest. Do I sound defensive? Guess I am. Hihi. 

Ate Lea woke me up at 3pm. I hurriedly took a bath and get dressed then I was off to LTO with daddy to renew his license and me, to get my own license. After approximately an hour, I got the fruit of my patience. I am now a driver. License: check. 

Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket

My Top 5 Random Tips on How to be a Blogger:

 I do not want to sound like a know-how or anything close to that because I'm aware that I haven't any right to do so but since some of my dear friends namely Hannah, Lana, Trix and even Jyn have asked me tips on how to blog, I guess it's about time I share things that I've learned through my few years of blogging.


1. Be natural. Sometimes, what keeps readers interested is your life itself - how you live it to the fullest despite the problems that don't seem to go away. Personally, it feels soooooooooo good to hear your friends comment that they love what you did, where you went, what you wore on a specific day. Let me reiterate on that, it feels very humbling and self-fulfilling.


2. Post as often as possible. Making a blog is actually the easy part. The difficult part lies in the maintenance. Establish your purpose on why you want to blog. Keep this in mind and you'll never tire of blogging. For me, I religiously update first and foremost for my own sake. I blog to document the things that I do, to share with my friends a part of me, and to just speak my mind.


 3. Creativity is the key. Since your blog serves as your platform of choice, may it be platform of your hobby or talent or interest, enhance what you already have. Do not play safe. It's either you will be loved or you will be hated. No in betweens. Go out of your comfort zone. But remember that you're showing everyone a part of you who's trying a new thing, not someone else who's trying a new thing. Get the picture?


4. Welcome comments, suggestions, praises and even criticisms. I once received a mail from someone I do not personally know which said and I quote "You are funny. Keep on blogging for whom? It's not as if you have a lot of readers." That was sometime in 2010. I thought about the email over and over again until a realization hit me: she wouldn't be sending me an email if she hadn't been reading my blog. It took me two weeks to reply to her inwhich I thanked her. Because at least I knew that I have a reader in her. Hahahaha. She replied back with a blank mail. Welcome criticisms and be thankful for the praises you get. That's why I want to take this chance to express my gratitude to my ever supporting friends :>

And lastly,

5. HAVE FUN!

1 comment:

Go ahead, make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...