19 August 2012

I am Tinman

Photobucket
Photobucket
Everything around me seems to be contradicting each other. Just like the sun. It seems to be playing a "Now you see me, Now you don't" trick on us, so relying on it in deciding what to wear is like taking the first step of outfit failure. So I just decided to trust whatever color would pop into my mind and work with it, not considering if it'll be weather appropriate or not. Everyone in the household went to the mall over the weekend to catch the movie Brave and while I was waiting for them to settle down, I gallivanted on my own, trusting the pocketmoney my mom gave me. Hah! This girl knows how to survive on her own, for your information you doubters. Of course, only if the mom supplies her with tools for survival.
Photobucket
Photobucket
There's a difference between being downright heartless and not having the capacity to feel anything at all. Just like Tinman.
 Photobucket
 Photobucket
 Black Raincoat: from Migliore Mall, Korea| Red knitted top: from my favorite overrun store in Paseo de Sta. Rosa| Sunnies: Aldo| watch: gift from my best friend
 I am so fascinated with the story of Tinman from the story of The Wizard of Oz. I guess his character is the amalgam of all the feelings of pain, betrayal, hurt, loss, apostasy, and suffering. There came a point when it was either continuous suffering or death. But then along the way, he found out that there's another option: numbness. Not everyone has the ability to shy away from whatever is agonizing them so when you've developed such ability, treasure it. Hone it. Exercise it. Life throws us in different situations. It depends solely on each of us how we'll react on these things. I choose to be like the Tinman. I am Tinman.

11 comments:

  1. I love your top! The color is my fave! :D

    Oh Gianella, you have been invited to the new BASI network!

    You can join the Bloggers Against Social Injustice network today & help us make a difference for those whose voices are not being heard!

    Come play your part, join us and worldwide bloggers to take a stand against social injustices!

    There are different events BASI hosts to help educate and fund change to help end atrocities like sex trafficking (AKA slavery!) but to really turn heads, we need your help!

    I really hope to see you there.It's just a click away and you can make this world a better place.

    * We have GFC, bloglovin, twitter and FACEBOOK too! ^_^ *

    Cassandra
    backtofive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the key on your neck, that's a great idea! Thank you for the inspiration! If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest outfit :)

    http://mademoiselle-s-blog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool raincoat. Oh, I wish we'd get more rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black raincoat ! Also you look really cool with your shades ! In love with your necklace too ! xx

    http://thebeautifullust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. to be honest, I know absolutely nothing about Tinman :P but I do love burgundy colour and the knitwear you're rocking here. I even thrifted a burgundy coloured sweater for myself some days ago. oh and your shoes! I have probably said it already but those are such fierce heels!!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics and beautiful outfit.^^
    Would you like to follow each other????
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your jersey! :)
    Kisses, Luzia *

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gianella!

    Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog, I came to visit yours and I really love it! I have to say it is very inspirational to me :) I follow you back now :)

    Kiss

    http://annasmirror.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your outfit. You look so pretty and those heels are great!
    -Doris

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...