04 August 2012

Peace, Guys! I'm a Beginner

When I started this blog in 2009, all I wanted was to have an outlet of my random musings and ramblings. I wanted to make an extension of my diary in the internet where I will be in control and where it can serve as a venue for my "creative" slash weird outputs. It was all for me, myself and the very selfish I. What changed the it's-all-about-me perspective was when I first heard a friend comment on how she was entertained by my posts, no matter how self-centered they were. She said she liked reading them and that she was waiting for my future posts. I have always felt awkward when a compliment is thrown my way. It's something I never get used to. Let me quote myself from one of my published postsPersonally, it feels soooooooooo good to hear your friends comment that they love what you did, where you went, what you wore on a specific day. Let me reiterate on that, it feels very humbling and self-fulfilling. That's when I started to include thoughts about my friends who eventually became a big factor on why I painstakingly continued this online diary until now. Just when I'm about to not care about this anymore, I'd bump into someone whom I haven't seen for a long time and the very first thing s/he would tell me is that, my page is one of the websites she frequent the most. Kilig to the bones na naman! Instantly, my battery recharges. Come to think of it, when I haven't updated for a long time then suddenly I publish a new post, it's because I have actually bumped into a friend, High School and college alike. In middle of last year, I received the first mail regarding Of Great and the Greatest. I could've grabbed the opportunity presented by that email but since I am a coward who is hiding behind this domain, I replied with a short and simple note which primarily turned down the job. I wasn't being prima donna or pa-hard to get. I was just dubious of my capabilities as a *ehem ehem* blogger. I didn't know whether I could comply with their requirements nor could I generate a heavy traffic in their site. I thought I was being honest and realistic. It was only later when I realized I was just being the coward that I am. I was afraid I wasn't good enough for them. I was afraid that I couldn't do justice with their image. Another proposition came last december. I have to talk about their slowly emerging advertising company. Same rules from them as before, same response from me as well. I, yet again, took the coward's way out. Then sometime last month, I received another email. It was from Sugarlips Apparel. This time around, I told myself that if the company and I could find some way to compromise with each other, I'd gladly do it. Sugarlips didn't just compromise with me, they even believed in what I believe in. So how can I not say yes to them? Besides, their clothing apparels were really really really cute and lovely! They were so nice that I would've begged for them to consider my situation in case they didn't offer me to do this. 

_MG_9129
_MG_9130

Thank you so much to everyone behind Sugarlips for sending me this blue romper which if I may add is very very versatile. I can already imagine how I'd wear it the next time!

It was a rainy day when we shoot these photos but since our photographer Sam Pingol is a man of patience, he waited for the sun to come to take these wonderful photos. We drove to Serendra in the morning and wrapped up everything by 1PM. 
Photobucket
Karen Soledad. She's our driver for the day and I credit the title of this post to her. "Peace, guys! I'm a beginner" - you'd see this sign behind her car soon. As proof that she's only starting to drive, she almost rammed the car where we're riding in to a brand new BMW as we were looking for a parking. That was such a close call and everyone in the car were totally shocked! 

Photobucket
Jana Medel. Upon alighting from Karen's car, we hugged each other so tight, grateful that we're both still alive! 

_MG_9167
_MG_9144
_MG_9168
Photobucket

The Outfit Shots:
_MG_9173
Sugarlips Blue Romper
Photobucket
Zara white top
Photobucket
SM Accessories cuff| Tommy Hilfiger watch
_MG_9159
Dorothy Perkins shoes

_MG_9126
Thank you very much, Sugarlips! :)
It was because of this project that I've decided it's time for me to man up and be responsible for everything that comes along with maintaining this blog. No more walls. No more reservations. I'm all about positivity and productivity now.

14 comments:

  1. all of you three look amazing!!:)
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your friends are all so beautiful!:) Yes i would like to follow each others and i'm already following you.

    xx Marianne
    pictureme-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool about SUGARLIPS. Great romper & top.

    Wishing you all the best with your success! You got girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You asked about my story blog. I'll try to give you some summary.

    1. Olivia needed a new friend since Amber is distancing herself even though..she back where Olivia could talk to her everyday.
    2. Ravi works for the police department in evidence. (he so happens to be newly married to Olivia).
    3. Derrick and Henry broke up, but he is eyeing someone at band camp by the name of Shannon. Although, he's not sure if Shannon is a boy or a girl.
    4. Josie is having Derrick's baby.
    5. Dorian who is sort of Derrick's boyfriend has moved out and with Luc...which leads more introduction to some new characters. But they are all just friends.

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are perfect for Sugarlips. Great outfit!

    Thank you for your thoughtful comment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Blog is cute ♥
    If you have time you can also check out my blog,
    I just shared Buck the Bank Holiday I would love to hear your comment.
    Also, let me know if you want us to follow each other. I will definitely follow you back...
    HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I know exactly how you feel!! I see other blogs and feel like mine does not compare but I have a few amazing followers that always come back and that just means so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I also started in 2009, so we have that in common :P
    anyway, I don't do rompers but your outfit is pretty awesome. blue looks beautiful when combined with white.. I mean, really beautiful! and how cool is the silver cuff!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your romper, you look amazing!
    xx

    http://undisclozetdesires.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear, thanks for stopping by, you look so pretty in this outfit, love that shade of blue. You all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. your outfit looks amazing! i like all outfits and i find your blog very interesting! now im a new follower :)

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to thank you for this fantastic read!
    ! I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…

    Feel free to surf to my site - weight loss

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...