17 January 2013

Story Lane

A few weeks ago, I got an invite to join Storylane. I got to think, I wanted to save the last papers I'll work on as a student somewhere I can have access to every once in a while. I've exactly a year left before graduating and I reckon, now is the best time to start the saving up. 

Thailand Reflection Paper
(Excerpt:)
It wasn’t my first time to be in Thailand nor was it my first time to be on an out of country trip without my parents. To be perfectly honest, I didn’t even remember anything remarkable from my first time in Thailand. So I wonder, how come I still felt too giddy and too excited for the trip?
            On the day of the actual flight, my friend Hannah and I decided to meet at the airport quearter to 6 but considering how late my watch works, I arrived at 7:30PM, just in time for the proper checking-in if it was a usual trip, and just in time before Hannah’s eyeballs turn to white. When we touched down in Bangkok, it was around 1AM, the prime of the night. With depleted energy and stiff neck to boot, Hannah and I spent our first night sleeping.
            Our first group work was to attend the talk arranged by the owners of Krispy Kreme Thailand. How the owners discussed the idea behind their franchise of the brand sounded cool and up to a certain extent, inspiring. It’s not everyday that I get to hear someone say “I love the doughnuts so much that instead of driving for hours just to buy a few boxes, I decided to bring the doughnuts close to me”. The couple could’ve put Krispy Kreme Thailand’s beginning appear light but their words made an impact on me. So much so that I want to someday also have the capability to say that “in order to save trips, I bought the entire store instead”.
            The trip to Ayutthaya provided the cameras we’ve brought a chance to capture picturesque photographs and us to see parts of the Thai culture. I wouldn’t sugarcoat the trip by saying that it was so fun when in truth, I thought that after seeing one ruin or one temple or one artifact, I’m done. Once you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. Besides, the sun was draining all the energy and enthusiasm that I had. Yes, our cameras have been satisfied. But my thirst for seeing more of Thailand wasn’t.
        (Read the rest of this 2-page paper HERE)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanks to the following for all the pictures: Kim Sta. Rita, Hannah Dar Juan, Mike Mesina, and James Lao

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...