03 May 2011

Define the BEST. Define FOREVER.

Let this be the longest friend file that I will ever make.

High School became the pivotal point of my life. I held my belief that I am the captain of my own ship, that no one can navigate the steering wheel for me. Same belief was applied to choosing my friends. I would not sugarcoat just to make my friends appear like they're the friends our parents would want us to have, because they're a little more and a little less than that. I have to admit, a lot of people have told me that I could do better in choosing whom I want to share my time with. And all the time, I would just tell them, I think I have already chosen the best. Yes, they don't push me to study harder nor do they tell me to do my homeworks but at least they don't ask me to stop from doing an assignment if I want to. When it comes to grades, we let each other be. Do as you please, I say. Our bond was rooted from our same love for risky adventures. The type that can send us straight to the principal's or the discipline chair's office if ever caught. How often did we find ourselves looking for these adventures, you may ask? Every single day of our 4 years in school.

The most prominent figure that pop in my mind when High School is being talked about is TRIBO. (Click here if you want to see the quick run down of my High School life.) Our first few months in 1st year has clearly defined who we are and who we want to be with. You see way back in 1st year, in a class of around 37, there were only 2 groups: one which is composed of 12 girls and the other which was, let's just say, against the first. We were young and so we were impulsive. All we ever thought of was how we could have fun, regardless if it was at someone else's expense. We didn't care if our adviser hated us, even after she divided the class into three as Angel, Middle and Devil and sent majority of us into the Devil side. We didn't care even if teachers started noticing our group, reprimanding us to their hearts' content. We didn't even care if the higher batches see us outside the classrooms, when the rest of our classmates were inside. Plainly told, we did not care.
Photobucket
Photobucket
 
In 2nd year, we were separated into 3 different sections. And by then, EJ Velasquez has left and transferred to another school. Though she was sorely missed, the mischief wasn't deterred. The principal, Sr. Marissa, had memorized not just our faces but also our names. We were, as she put it, frequent customers of her office. We decided to continue doing some of the things that we have done before, only to a more devious story: gallivanting around the campus instead of hearing mass during the Marian Vigil and 'buying' books from the annual book fair. These have been proclaimed as traditions. It was also in 2nd year when we put our make-teachers-mad antics to a higher level. We called it 'cutting of TV wire' ;)
Photobucket
 Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pretty sure, Jerone was planning to do something to Kushali again. Hmm

3rd year was EPIC! Though Charlene Dacara had to transfer to another school and another member left, the atrocity and the mischievousness doubled. It was, I'm sure, the best year ever.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
While Jer, Riva, Vary and Gel distract these people in charge of the bookfair, others do what they have to do ;)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then came 4th year. Compared to 3rd year, we were already tame this year.
Photobucket
In some days, we would be absent altogether.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ms. Froilan - our discipline chairman and also the only teacher who loved us so much! She's my favorite too
Photobucket

College is proving to be a challenge. Not because we don't have the time to meet with each other anymore but because we can't seem to resist the call of cutting classes just to be with each other. Habits die hard. And so are the cool kids ;) these are the latest pictures of TRIBO:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

 I never claimed to have 'good' friends. But I can say I got myself a bunch of crazy but sweet friends who are always ready to leave anything behind at my beck and call. (I know you'll be seeing this. I love you, guys!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...