07 January 2012

Best of 2011

2011 has just concluded. But the lessons I've learned from it still linger. Here are the 12 most memorable moments of my 2011:

12) Trip to Singapore
Cleanliness is next to Godliness, they say. My first trip to Singapore proved how true this saying really is. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

11) Arrival of my cousins Elija, Caoume, and Alex Valle
My two 1-year old cousins Elija and Alexandra visited the country for the first time. They were such bundles of energy that my love for doing outdoor activities such as running, jumping repeatedly, and pure horseplaying had an excuse to resurface. Haha! As for Caoume who has visited the Philippines for the 3rd time, well, we talked about ideas, imaginary worlds, her gadgets, my gadgets, clothes, and her themed parties. It was so cool hearing a mature opinion from a 5 year old kid. I liked it whenever she would say "I have another idea, Ate Gellie" or her response whenever someone would tell her something that she thinks is not true, "Tell the truth!" "For real!". 
Photobucket
Photobucket

10) The rare two times that TRIBO was complete
I've been writing about my barkada (clique) eversince I began sharing my thoughts through blogging. I love them! Ironic enough, we've been complete only twice in 2011. I've no one to blame but myself. In all their 18th birthday parties, it has been me and me alone who didn't fail in the not attending department. It was never an intentional thing on my part, honest! Anyway...
Photobucket
Photobucket

9) Day in the Dumpsite
Seeing, touching and smelling the consequences of our irresponsible waste management served as eye opener for me, making my advocacy for responsible waste disposal take another notch higher. And by higher I mean I try to get my entire family involved.
Photobucket

8) Seeing a Dachshund give birth to 3 puppies
We have a lot of dogs, from Labrador Retrievers to Shi Tzus to Dachshunds to Malteses. But I never took care of a dog personally, until I saw my Dachshund gave birth. I took one of the 3 and brought it with me to our home in Manila. I named her Miuccia but while she's still a baby, it's Miuccinelli. My brother Gio said that "Boner" is a more appropriate dog name. Kuya Gian said "Phino" is much better. To accommodate the three names that we wanted we wrote "Miuccinelli Boner Phino" on her birth certificate. Days after, her name was reduced to "Miu Miu". I won the name game, like a boss.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

7) Hitting two birds with one stone
While having lunch with my 2 college super buddies, I was also accomplishing a school paper. It was really brilliant of the situation to offer me two things I really wanted to do without having to sacrifice the other one. Hannah and Lina, 2 of my college friends who have been with me since day 1 of college, are more of a lifesaver sent from above. No, really. Always, they've covered up my messy tracks.
Photobucket
Photobucket

6) Overnight class in Biology
Probably one of the best, if not the best itself, moments of my college life is the overnight trip in Batangas for my Biology class where the main goal was to plant trees in the mangroves. Staying up beyond sleeping hours outside the bunk where no one was supposed to be and playing the famous spin the bottle game lead to a night of confession. I'm just so happy that until now, all the secrets that I thought each of us couldn't tell others are still locked up and left in the hammock where our discussion came about.
Photobucket
Photobucket

5) She brings out the child in me
In one of Janica Barrera's house visits, it rained. We took the umbrellas, slipped on our slippers, then went out. Laughing and dancing and splashing on the puddles - now that's our kind of fun.
Photobucket
Photobucket

4) The Great Shift
When I first took up my Marketing class with Hannah, we realized that our true calling wasn't to be accountants. Fulfilling the demands of marketing, which involved weekend filming, events making, performing and presenting, didn't feel like working. It felt like playing, only with stricter and more limited rules.
Photobucket
Photobucket

3) Last Photo Op with my cousin Alissa
I have 8 (Alissa, MC, Ram, Vince, Rayne, Caoume, Elija and Alexandra) first cousins but I'm closest to Alissa, what with only 6 months age gap. I practically grew up with her! Between the 2 of us, she's been the ate through and through. Everyone babies me, pardon the term, everyone asks her to look out for me. And she has always done those things for me. If there's someone who knows all the gory details of my life, it's her. Last September 2011, her family made a great move. They migrated to Canada. Watching her walk away from me with tears in both our eyes felt like watching my childhood abandon me step by step. (I really really miss you, Ate!)
Photobucket
Photobucket

2) Hong Kong Trip with Lola Ester
My parents once told me and my brothers that they love taking us to other countries because in such trips, we show a part of ourselves that they haven't seen before. In my most recent out of country trip, they allowed me to explore with just my Lola (grandmother). Few days after that trip, I told my mom that she's right. I discovered some of my personalities that I wasn't able to see before. Besides, it was so cool travelling with someone with whom I have A LOT of similarities; eating habits (I'm sure you'll agree with me on this, Lala), on top of all. To add icing to the cake, Lola likes extravagance as much as I do. Haha!
Photobucket
Photobucket

1) Asian Cruise
My birthday celebration 2011 is by far the birthday to beat! I knew I could've chosen to celebrate it with both my family and friends but I decided to spend my special day with just my family, on the high seas. Seeing all the scenic view, dining in 5-star buffet restaurants in the ship, and simply experiencing a dream come true were all made perfect by sharing them with my family.
Photobucket
Photobucket

2011 has been sooo good to me, wasn't it?


P.S. It's my birthday this coming 8th of January. It's my birthday month!!! Expect a lot of birthday posts coming :>

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely enjoyed reading that post :) you had an amazing year and an interesting one too! and it's awesome how close you are with all the loved ones :) hope your 2012 will be even better!

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...