18 June 2010

BOSTON LOSES

I HATE IT.
Those old guys ran out of gas just short of the finish line.
The Boston Celtics nearly pulled off an improbable championship, leading most of the way against the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 7 of the NBA finals on Thursday night before losing 83-79.
They wasted a superb defensive effort when their offense stalled midway through the fourth quarter. Boston went without a field goal for nearly five minutes, a decisive stretch when Los Angeles grabbed control.
 - Excerpt from  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127522126

Celtics worked its way up to defeat LeBron James and Cleveland, thus being proclaimed East champions. I even put my bet then on the Cavaliers but after watching how Garnett, Pierce, Ray Allen, Davis, Rondo and Robinson play as a team, I immediately felt that Celtics could really offer something good. SO WHAT WENT WRONG DURING GAME 7? :( I couldn't help shouting in frustration everytime Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, and Derek Fisher tried to shoot or even just got hold of the ball. Celtics showed a good defense in the first 3 quarters that's why I really expected that they'd win. Plus, I also remembered how Celtics beat Lakers in 2008's Finals. I thought NBA 2010 would be about Celtics beating Lakers again. What I didn't know is that, this time around, Lakers wanted to have their sweet revenge. And sweet revenge did they have :(


THE Kobe Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...